Its been a while since you ventured out on your paddleboard, If you have attended one of our SUP sessions, you now have your own board and you are worried about going alone or, not sure and feeling a little rusty then come and join a 1 Hour Refresher session for some top tips to boost your confidence.
During this session we get to grips with the basics of SUP whilst using your own kit or you can hire from us for £15.00
We will help make sure that you know how the equipment is set up correctly and look at the choices of paddle location and when to go and when to stay ashore. Once on the water we will refresh your board control, self rescue and paddle techniques, finishing off with some top tips around kit care and maintenance.
Max 8 (Min of 4 for session to run)
£25.00 p/p 1hr with own board
WHAT IS PROVIDED
- Group first aid kit with qualified first aiders
- Experienced local knowledge
- Photographs taken during the activity to help capture the moments (if you wish to bring your own waterproof camera, please discuss with us first)
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING
- Water shoes or old trainers (no bare feet)
- Lightweight fleece/sports top for if you get cold.
- Suitable clothing for use in the water or wetsuit (wetsuits can be hired by booking in advance - £5.00)
- Snack (please ensure hands are WASHED/SANITISED before eating after participating in SUP activities)
- Change of clothes.
- LEAVE ONLY FOOTPRINTS - PLEASE DO NOT BRING SINGLE USE PLASTICS - PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE LITTER
WHAT WILL WE BE DOING - a refreshment of the mentioned skills
- Water safety briefing.
- Basic tide & weather forcasting
- Safe SUP carrying.
- Safe Launching.
- Self rescue.
- Prone paddling (laying on the board).
- Paddling kneeling / Standing.
- Basic paddle strokes / forward / backward /turning.
- If within 14 days prior to your session you or your party have any Covid relatedsymptoms you must inform us right away. This may result in cancellation of your session.
- All participants must be able to swim at least 50 metres.
- All participants suffering any physical or medical conditions, illnesses or allergies, including any prescribed medications, should make us aware of any such conditions or requirements prior to the event.
- Over 18s
- No-one should participate in any session if they are pregnant or suffering from a heart condition without consulting their doctor first.
- Under no circumstance shall any participant be under the influence of any alcohol, drugs or medication at the time of the lesson which may adversely affect their physical capabilities.