Beginner SUP River Hamble £37p/p
Beginner SUP Hamble River
SUP is the fastest growing water sport, it is an inclusive sport and fun for everyone, Come & join us for a fun Beginner SUP session on the River Hamble, whether you are on holiday, celebrating or live locally, SUP is a perfect activity to do with the family, friends or even a solo venture.
Depending on your level we can start you on the basics or help you develop your SUP skills.
The 2 hour session takes place on the Hamble River from Barnfields Car Park in the River Hamble Country Park, we believe that after your session you will leave standing, paddling & wanting to try more.
We will ask you to change into your kit, then there will be 15/30mins for a water safety briefing, land based instruction, 5min walk and then on to the water for 1hr 30/45mins, 15mins of which is your own time to test your skills.
Under the wings of our passionate and qualified guides you will get to grips with the basics of paddling kneeling & standing and basic turning techniques or further enhance your existing skills.
On successful completion of the session you will be awarded 1yr free membership to Salamander's for our social SUPs & trips.
WHO IS THIS FOR
Families & friends, clubs, work place colleges, corporate new to SUP or looking to learn some basic SUP skills to enhance their SUPing experience.
Max 8 (Min of 4 for session to run)
WHAT IS PROVIDED
- Waist Leash
- Quroc iSUP
- PFD (personal floatation device)
- Instruction/supervision 2hrs approx
- Risk assessment/insurance folder will be available to view.
- Water proof bag to carry valuables, snack, hydration.
- Group first aid kit with qualified first aiders
- Experienced local knowledge
- Photographs taken during the activity to help capture the moments (if you wish to bring your own waterproof camera, please discuss with us first)
- Changing Robe
- Warm Drink & Biscuits
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING
- Water shoes or old trainers (no bare feet)
- Lightweight fleece/sports top for if you get cold.
- Suitable clothing for use in the water or wetsuit (wetsuits can be hired by booking in advance - £5.00)
- Snack (please ensure hands are WASHED/SANITISED before eating after participating in SUP activities)
- Change of clothes.
- LEAVE ONLY FOOTPRINTS - PLEASE DO NOT BRING SINGLE USE PLASTICS - PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE LITTER
WHAT WILL WE BE DOING
- Water safety briefing.
- Basic tide & weather forcasting
- Safe SUP carrying.
- Safe Launching.
- Self rescue.
- Prone paddling (laying on the board).
- Paddling kneeling / Standing.
- Basic paddle strokes / forward / backward /turning.
- Short SUP around the river.
- If you haven’t fallen in feel free to jump in when we near our finish.
- You can test your new skills with 15mins of your own time as we end the session
- If within 14 days prior to your session you or your party have any Covid relatedsymptoms you must inform us right away. This may result in cancellation of your session.
- All participants must be able to swim at least 50 metres.
- All participants suffering any physical or medical conditions, illnesses or allergies, including any prescribed medications, should make us aware of any such conditions or requirements prior to the event.
- Over 18s
- No-one should participate in any session if they are pregnant or suffering from a heart condition without consulting their doctor first.
- Under no circumstance shall any participant be under the influence of any alcohol, drugs or medication at the time of the lesson which may adversely affect their physical capabilities.