FamilySUP at Hamble River Country Park
SUP is the fastest growing water sport, it is an inclusive sport and fun for everyone, Come & join us for a fun family SUP session on the River Hamble, whether you are on holiday, celebrating or live locally, SUP is a perfect activity to do with the family. We will tailor your family beginner SUP session to your families requirements.
Depending on your level we can start you on the basics or help you develop your SUP skills.
The 2 hour session takes place on the Hamble River from Barnfields Car Park in the River Hamble Country Park, we believe that after your session you will leave wanting to try more.
We will ask you to change into your kit, then there will be 15/30mins for a water safety briefing, land based instruction, 5min walk to the water (under 12s cannot carry boards/ over 12s advised) and then on to the water for 1hr 30/45mins
Under the wings of our passionate and qualified guides you will get to grips with the basics of paddling kneeling & standing and basic turning techniques or further enhance your existing skills.
On successful completion of the session you will be awarded 1yr free membership to Salamander's
Who does this suit?
Families with under 18's
(under 18s must be accompanied by their parent or legally appointed guardian)
Max 6 inc instructors
£90 for 2 adult & 2 children
What is provided? (All equipment is cleaned/sanitised)
- PFD (personal floatation device)
- Instruction/supervision 2hrs approx
- Risk assessment/insurance folder will be available to view.
- Water proof bag to carry valuables, snack, hydration.
- Group first aid kit with qualified first aiders
- Unfettered local knowledge
- Photographs taken during the activity to help capture the moments
What do I need to bring?
- Water shoes or old trainers (no bare feet)
- Suitable clothing for use in the water or wetsuit (you may fall in😀) (wetsuits can be hired by booking in advance - £5.00)
- Hydration (water/soft drink)
- Snack (please ensure hands are WASHED/SANITISED before eating after participating in SUP activities)
- Change of clothes
LEAVE ONLY FOOTPRINTS - PLEASE DO NOT BRING SINGLE USE PLASTICS - PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE LITTER
Itinerary (Session is tailored to family requirements)
- Meet & Greet / Water safety briefing.
- Equipment introduction/Safe SUP carrying.
- Safe Launching.
- Safe stopping/falling
- Self rescue.
- Basic Paddleboard skills
- Work on enhancing your families existing SUP skills.
- Short SUP trip on the river.
- If you haven’t fallen in feel free to jump in.
- Family SUP Games to test out your balance
- Maybe some board raft running (single family only), Just a simply paddle along the river to explore
- If within 14 days prior to your session you or your party have any Covid relatedsymptoms you must inform us right away. This may result in cancellation of your session.
- All participants must be able to swim at least 50 metres.
- All participants suffering any physical or medical conditions, illnesses or allergies, including any prescribed medications, should make us aware of any such conditions or requirements prior to the event.
- Under 18s MUST not be left alone without their parents present.
- No-one should participate in any session if they are pregnant or suffering from a heart condition without consulting their doctor first.
- Under no circumstance shall any participant be under the influence of any alcohol, drugs or medication at the time of the lesson which may adversely affect their physical capabilities.