TrySUP 1to2 River Hamble
TrySUP at Hamble River Country Park - Starting April 2020 through to October 2020
To book a session please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Stephen on 07887684104
Our Try SUP sessions are aimed at people that have never tried stand up paddled before.
The 1.5 hour session takes place on the Hamble River from Barnfields Car Park in the River Hamble Country Park, we believe that after your session you will leave standing, paddling and wanting to try more.
There will be 15mins for a water safety briefing, change into your kit and then the 1.25 hour session will start.
Under the wings of our passionate and qualified guides you will get to grips with the basics of paddling kneeling & standing and basic turning techniques.
On successful completion of the session you will gain 1yr free membership to SUPCLUB360
Who does this suit?
(under 18s must be accompanied by their parent or legally appointed guardian)
What is provided?
- PFD (personal floatation device)
- Instruction/supervision 1.5hr. approx
- Membership to river social SUPs & discounted social SUP trips/events.
- Risk assessment/insurance folder will be available to view.
- Water proof bag to carry valuables, snack, hydration.
What do you need to bring?
- Water shoes or old trainers (no bare feet)
- Suitable clothing for use in the water or wetsuit (you may fall in😀) (wetsuits can be hired by booking in advance - £5.00)
- Hydration (water/soft drink)
- Snack (please ensure hands are washed before eating after participating in SUP activities)
- Change of clothes
What will we be doing?
- Water safety briefing.
- Safe SUP carrying.
- Safe Launching.
- Self rescue.
- Prone paddling (laying on the board).
- Paddling kneeling / Standing.
- Basic paddle strokes / forward / backward /turning.
- Paddle around the Lake whilst testing out turning skills.
- If you haven’t fallen in feel free to jump in when we near our finish.
- We can test your turning skills by trying pivot turns?? (This usually ends up with getting wet - so optional).
- We can take a ball to challenge balance skills to finish off with.
- Maybe some board raft running.