Discover SUP River Hamble
Discover SUP at Hamble River Country Park
SUP is the fastest growing water sport, it is an inclusive sport and fun for everyone, Come & join us for a fun Discover SUP session on the River Hamble, whether you are on holiday, celebrating or live locally, SUP is a perfect activity to do with the family, friends or even a solo venture.
DiscoverSUP, our entry to paddleboarding. This session is to show you the basics from looking at the equipment and self rescue skills to controlling the board whilst kneeling and finally standing up.
Stand up paddleboarding is such a great social sport, ideal activity for friends and families.
The 1 hour session takes place on the Hamble River from Barnfields Car Park in the River Hamble Country Park, we believe that after your session you will leave wanting to try more...
We will ask you to change into your kit, then there will be 15mins for a water safety briefing, 45mins land & water based instruction.
Under the wings of our passionate and qualified guides you will get to grips with the basics of paddling kneeling & standing.
WHO IS THIS FOR
Individuals, Group of friends thinking about trying SUP.
16+ under 18s must be accompanied by parent/gaurdian
8 Max (the course will only run with min of 4)
WHAT IS PROVIDED
- Waist Leash
- Quroc iSUP
- PFD (personal floatation device)
- Instruction/supervision 1hrs approx
- Risk assessment/insurance folder will be available to view.
- Water proof bag to carry valuables, snack, hydration.
- Group first aid kit with qualified first aiders
- Experienced local knowledge
- Photographs taken during the activity to help capture the moments (if you wish to bring your own waterproof camera, please discuss with us first)
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING
- Water shoes or old trainers (no bare feet)
- Lightweight fleece/sports top for if you get cold.
- Suitable clothing for use in the water or wetsuit (wetsuits can be hired by booking in advance - £5.00)
- Snack (please ensure hands are WASHED/SANITISED before eating after participating in SUP activities)
- Change of clothes.
- LEAVE ONLY FOOTPRINTS - PLEASE DO NOT BRING SINGLE USE PLASTICS - PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE LITTER
WHAT WILL WE BE DOING
- Water safety briefing.
- intro to tide & weather forecasting.
- Safe SUP carrying.
- Safe Launching.
- Self rescue.
- Prone paddling (laying on the board).
- Paddling kneeling / Standing.
- If you haven’t fallen in feel free to jump in when we near our finish.
- You can test your new skills with 15mins of your own time as we end the session
- If within 14 days prior to your session you or your party have any Covid relatedsymptoms you must inform us right away. This may result in cancellation of your session.
- All participants must be able to swim at least 50 metres.
- All participants suffering any physical or medical conditions, illnesses or allergies, including any prescribed medications, should make us aware of any such conditions or requirements prior to the event.
- Over 18s
- No-one should participate in any session if they are pregnant or suffering from a heart condition without consulting their doctor first.
- Under no circumstance shall any participant be under the influence of any alcohol, drugs or medication at the time of the lesson which may adversely affect their physical capabilities.