Couch to 5km Trail
Beginners 9wk Couch to 5km Trail Running Sessions
February 2nd 2020
Welcome to our tried and tested Trail Running beginners sessions that will take you from non-runner to running 5km trails.
It's designed for beginner runners that like the added benefits that running off road offer,
The 9 week sessions are for all ages, shapes, sizes & levels of fitness.
Trail Running has been shown to help with a wide range of health conditions, it is has been linked with fighting the symptoms of depression, lowering stress & anxiety, boosting mental alertness, confidence & concentration, and helps you relax & sleep better.
Please get in touch if you want to talk in confidence.
Our groups are friendly and inclusive, we also cater for 1:1, for 1:1 please detail your requirements.
Each week you'll have one guided session, same day, same time, same place or new depending on the group.
In your own time between each session you will be asked to carryout two of your own runs, this will help build your abilities.
The session costs £45 for nine weeks.
We will aim to set the sessions towards the groups abilities.
Group size Max 10
min age 14
(under 18s must be accompanied by their parent or legally appointed guardian)
Sessions will be held at:
- St Catherine Hill Winchester
- Farley Mount
- New Forest
If you have any known health issues or you are completely new to any form of exercise it is recommended you consult your doctor before starting an exercise session.
- 9 weeks of beginner guided trail running with a Fell/Trail LiRF leader, building your confidence each week.
- 2 - 5km planned off-road routes for your own running adventures.
- 50% discount on Running T shirt.
- Free 1yr club membership.
What do I need to Bring?
- Although not necessary, a trail running shoe with multi terrain grip would be best. (Please contact us for advise)
- Loose moisture wicking clothing.
- A change of warm clothing for after.
- 500ml Hydration
- Food for after.
We hope that this will be the first steps on your trail running journey with us.
It's far more fun with a buddy, so why not encourage your friends to sign up with you.
If you have any questions about starting running, please get in touch with us.