SUP Fundamentals Group
Learn the fundamentals of SUP
4 sessions over 2, 4 OR 6 weeks (weather & tide dependant)
River Hamble Country Park
In these sessions you will cover launching, getting to grips with standing from kneeling, balance, fundamental paddle strokes, safety & rescue and understand tides & weather systems.
As the sessions progress, you will gain a greater understanding and confidents in SUP
On completion of the sessions you will be able to paddle efficiently in a range of conditions, turn like a pro and have the appropriate safety and rescue skills.
Before leaving we will discuss your newly gained skills in SUPing, how to stay safe, what to look out for and give you adeeper understanding of SUP opportunities and where to purchase boards etc.
Who does this suit?
Groups, Families, Friends
(under 18s must be accompanied by their parent or legally appointed guardian)
March 2020 to October 2020
How much does it cost?
£140 p/p OFFER £108
What is provided
- PFD (personal flotation device)
- Instruction in various conditions and environments 1.5hr. approx each session
- Membership to river social SUPs & discounted social SUP trips/events.
- Water proof bag to carry valuables, snack, hydration.
What do I need to bring?
- Water shoes or old trainers (no bare feet)
- Suitable clothing for use in the water or wetsuit (wetsuits can be hired by booking in advance - £5.00)
- Hydration (water/soft drink)
- Snack (please ensure hands are washed before eating after participating in SUP activities)
- Change of clothes
What will I be doing?
- Water safety briefing
- Warm Up
- Safe SUP carrying
- Safe Launching
- Self rescue
- Planning/Risk management
- Third party rescue/unconscious rescue
- Prone paddling (laying on the board)
- Advanced paddle strokes/forward/backward/turning/step back
- Technique to paddle on moving water
- Looking after your equipment
If SUP Fundamentals is of interest to you, you have questions or you would like to book please contact us via the BOOK NOW button or email info@adventure360.